10.29.2009

Halloween!

To celebrate the Halloween season I decided to venture into the world of cakes, a Halloween Graveyard Cake! The first part was making the tombstone cookies. I haven't made cut-out cookies yet, only my mom's oatmeal-chocolate-chip cookies. But, I conquered the cookies darnit.
And aren't they cute? This was also my first time using a piping bag. Me thinks I like it.Then it was on to making the pumpkin spice cake with a chocolate glaze. This cake was actually pretty easy to complete. It just had a million steps. I made the dough for the cookies on Tuesday and on Wednesday I baked them. Thursday I made the cake. This was good though, I wasn't stressed out about it (and why would I be, it was just for fun). Anyways, I feel that I successfully made a somewhat complicated dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment