10.18.2009

It is official, I love cooking fall inspired food!


Baby Louise with a beautiful leaf on her head.

Fall is here! Fall is here! I absolutely love Fall. The leaves changing, the fresh smell of the earth, the crunching noises when you step on a crumpled leaf. It is the best.

And with all of that goodness, so comes squashes and pumpkins! About two weeks ago I checked in on my favorite food blog, smittenkitchen.com, and the lovely lady had made an entire page dedicated to fall food. Pumpkin brownies, muffins, waffles, soup, and squash soup, wedges, pizza, and a whole host of other delights. Well, after viewing this page I decided that I must make some of these, if not all. My first one was the "Roasted Acorn Squash with Chili-Lime Vinaigrette." Yum, yum, yum. Perfectly fall and perfectly tasty.Next on the list were those "Pumpkin Swirl Brownies." Those did not turn out as wonderful as I hoped, I accidentally let the batter sit too long and it set. I will be making them again though!

And then last night I ventured into the world of soup. Now, this was a big deal, I am not the soup maker of the house. Despite my anxiety it turns out that I am a pretty darn good soup maker. Perhaps this is because it's not to difficult, salt here, pepper there, cut up onions, blah blah. Anyways, this soup is so good and it makes your belly feel all warm. I highly recommend the "Black Bean Pumpkin Soup."

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I hope we get to sample the soups. The web site is good.

    ReplyDelete