6.14.2014

I'm Back!!!

Well, I don't know what has inspired me today, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's because it's summer, or maybe it's just cuz, but here I am back on the blog. I think mostly I do this for me, because at the moment I only have 6 followers, c'est la vie.

So, it's been about 3 years since I last posted on here, whoa. Olive was 3 months old and I was just starting my new job being a kindergarten teacher. It would be impossible to go back and write about everything that has happened since then, but to say they have been wonderful would not do them justice.

We have had some great times these last 3 years and some major events happen to us. We moved last summer to a wonderful, not so little house. Phil and me are still teaching and for the most part really happy. Phil started coaching girl's basketball, which is something he has wanted to do for a long time. And really big, we are expecting our next little bean in early August! Our trio will be no more!

We have had some bruises along the way too. Phil's father passed away the summer that Olive was 1. It is continuously heartbreaking to know that he isn't here in the present to witness her becoming such a vibrant, fun, caring person. We also had a difficult time getting pregnant the second go around, we tried for about 7 months.  I am entirely grateful that I could even get pregnant, but it was still trying for us. Working and raising a child hasn't been a walk in the park either, but luckily I am so happy at my job and have a wonderful support team there.

With this new baby on the horizon we know our life is about to change again in so many ways. We are all really excited (and nervous) and just can't wait to meet the new baby Mitchell! Below is an updated picture of our little family. Life is good friends.


1 comment:

  1. Lauren! I randomly checked your blog the other day and I was so excited to see the update! Congrats on baby #2! I tried to leave a comment before, but it looks like it didn't work. How have you been?! I tried looking for you on fb but it looks like you aren't on there anymore. Do you use twitter or instagram?

    ReplyDelete